Yangon, Myanmar...

Yangon, Myanmar...
Relaxing in the Skyline Bistro on the 20th floor of the Pagoda Tower, Yangon, Myanmar [January 2012]

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hawai'i 2016/17/18

This is the 3rd year. So much the same as we get older and retell fond memories!

January 9, 2017

Spent two weeks in Aiea, Hawai'i at the home of very dear friends. We met at the airport in Honolulu back in 1963. We then proceeded to be together for four years on Chuuk where we worked for the United Nations/Department of Interior. Our lives intersected many times after that and I remain friends for them still now [my wife, Jean, passed away in 2005].

They have a beautiful home in Aiea Heights on Oahu where I stayed in their teahouse/guesthouse. 






There are flowers everywhere and the walk down to the main house reminds me of the little time I spent in Kyoto.


There were several rainy mornings so I didn't get in my morning walk up to the heaiu, the sacred Hawai'ian burial ground. One morning there was quite a wind but I made it back home dry and hungry for breakfast.


There house is filled with art and I share several of the artists in my collection. One of my favorites is John Young. This is a portrait of their two children done by him many years ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment