Yangon, Myanmar...

Yangon, Myanmar...
Relaxing in the Skyline Bistro on the 20th floor of the Pagoda Tower, Yangon, Myanmar [January 2012]

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

artful afternoon...

Spent the afternoon looking at some good artwork.

First we went to the Hartford Public Library to see Kyle Andrew Phillips work. Read the review from the Hartford Courant. I saw his show at the Charter Oak Cultural Center earlier and really liked one of the pieces, Rust#1. So I have made arrangements to purchase it and will get it in January after the library show closes. I am looking forward to adding this to my collection.


Then on to the Wadsworth Atheneum to see the 'American Moderns on Paper' show.
Many of my favorite artists were on display there: Marin, O'Keeffe, Dalí, Tanguy and Noguchi. The show was a lot larger than I had expected  and showed the importance to American modernists of working on paper rather than on canvas.

blognote: See lunch review here for the Akropolis Deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment